Jennifer Lopez's Ex Shopping a Sex Tape; Judge Issues TRO

LOS ANGELES — Sex tape releases have become a dime a dozen in recent months, but Monday’s revelation involving an A-list Hollywood celebrity is raising eyebrows.

Jennifer Lopez, in a suit filed at Los Angeles Superior Court, won a court order Monday barring ex-husband Ojani Noa from making their sex life public — at least for a day.

Judge James C. Chalfant issued a temporary injunction blocking Noa from shopping a videotape that includes sexual situations, including those on she and her ex-husband’s honeymoon.

The order is in effect until a hearing on whether to extend it is completed. That hearing was scheduled to resume Tuesday.

Lopez is attempting to put a halt to ex-husband Ojani Noa’s efforts of shopping a videotape that includes sexual situations, including those on she and her ex-husband’s honeymoon.

Lopez claims Noa and filmmaker Ed Meyer are "producing and marketing for sale a feature film titled 'How I Married Jennifer Lopez: The JLo and Ojani Noa Story' ... which they describe as the 'story of Jennifer Lopez's tumultuous first marriage to Cuban immigrant, chef and model Ojani Noa.'"

The video, according to the suit, contains footage showing Lopez "in revealing lack of clothing, and in sexual situations, especially in the hotel room footage from ... [their] honeymoon."

Meyer, according to the suit, allegedly claims to have acquired from Noa the exclusive rights to what Meyer described as an “11-plus hours of previously unseen home video footage of Jennifer Lopez and Ojani Noa.”

The suit said that Noa plans to market and license the sex tape in DVD format at the American Film Market, which currently is being held through Wednesday at the Loew’s hotel in Santa Monica, Calif.

Lopez and Noa were married from February 2007 until January 2008. Noa, a Cuban-born model, later worked as a chef in Lopez's restaurant, Madre's, and sued her in December 2004, after he was fired.

In the most recent suit, Lopez claims Noa and filmmaker Ed Meyer are violating an injunction she won when Noa tried to publish a book about their marriage.

Lopez says her attorney warned Meyer last Monday by email that he was violating a court injunction by marketing the movie containing the home videos.

"In response, that same day Meyer sent Lopez's attorney an email in which he stated that the home video materials depict Lopez 'in revealing lack of clothing, and in sexual situations, especially in the hotel room footage from [her and Noa's] honeymoon,' and that the injunction is '100 percent ineffective,'" the suit said.

Later, after an exchange of emails that Monday, Meyer said that: 'I don't even need to litigate this in the court system, as I can litigate it in the media.'"

Meyer claims the film is or will be a parody, and is therefore protected. Lopez seeks $10 million in damages, plus costs, for invasion of privacy, violation of publicity rights and breach of contract.

She is represented by Matthew Panagiotis with Lavely & Singer, which has been involved in sex tape lawsuits involving Colin Ferrell, Cameron Diaz and Carolyn Murphy.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Industry Photographer, 'Payout' Founder Mike B Passes Away

Longtime industry photographer and publisher Michael Bartholomey, known widely as Mike B, passed away Saturday.

FSC Announces 2025 Board of Directors Election Nominees

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has announced the nominees for its 2025 Board of Directors election.

AdultHTML Launches Black Friday Web Design, Development Promo

AdultHTML has launched its annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday promo for web design and development, running through Dec. 5.

Canada Exempts Online Adult Content From 'CanCon' Quotas

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has updated its broadcasting regulatory policies, exempting streaming adult content from “made in Canada” requirements that apply to other online material.

Creator Law Firm 'OnlyFirm' Launches

Entertainment attorney Alex Lonstein has officially launched OnlyFirm.com for creators.

German Court Puts Pornhub, YouPorn 'Network Ban' on Hold

The Administrative Court of Düsseldorf has temporarily blocked the State Media Authority of North Rhine-Westphalia (LfM) from forcing telecom providers to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

FSC: NC Law Invalidating Model Contracts Takes Effect December 1

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has issued a notice that North Carolina's Prevent Exploitation of Women and Minors Act goes into effect on December 1.

Show More